Fill colours in your romantic world
Romance is an integral part of our existence. What does it take to be in love? Romance is everywhere, it’s in the skies and oceans and also the social media. But have you ever pondered over some of it’s behind-the-scenes? When do we know that our relationship is going out of the hands? It is often said that the love of a person completes them, or makes them whole. I would care to disagree a little there. We are all complete and significant, and love is but a choice that we make, day after day, to be with somebody who, yet again, is complete. It is the coming together of two wholes to willingly form a union.
5 useful Tips to improve your relationship:
- Respect your partner before all. Respect their opinions, values and individuality. The biggest mistake is trying to merge into the partners personality and trying to make changes in them.
- Being aware of self and accepting individual differences. Loving your partner as they are, with the difference that they bring in, may it be personality differences or cultural differences.
- No article on relationships in complete without having a mention of communication: Be honest and share your feelings, Admire their strengths and overlook little things, acknowledge small things they do for you, verbally express the love, do not run away or stay silent after the fights but try talking about it, Make thoughtful gestures, learn to listen, say “I love you” often.
- Understanding thresholds: As individuals, we all have our respective thresholds towards our emotions and feelings. While some people may come across as being aggressive, others may appear relatively calm and peaceful. We develop these characteristics over due course of time, and it is not always that we have utmost control over the habits that we end up adopting and following. As two significant wholes who are willingly part of a union, both parties should know when to snap or when to give in.
- Another key aspect of a relationship is A person is said to have attained this state of mind when their thoughts, feelings, and actions are in accordance with one another. This means, that what one thinks and feels is what they speak and do. There may be times wherein your partner may commit to something they couldn’t fulfil, or make a promise they failed to keep. It is okay if it happens sometimes, because perfectionism is non-existent among us by virtue of being human. However, if this is, or has become a common occurrence, then it is imperative that something be done about it. Relationships turn sour over time, if either or both parties fail to keep their word.
Now that you’ve got the guidebook, follow these basic steps, add your own ingredients as you wish, and make a perfect dish if your romance!